A cavity-free smile is a happy smile, and more importantly a healthy one too! Keeping your smile free from cavities is always a wise idea. Did you know, in most cases, cavities can be prevented? Well, it’s true! Cavities can cause severe damage, which is why it’s always better to avoid if possible.
To help you understand more about preventing cavities, our dentists, Dr. Lyndel Stripling and Dr. Shawn Nemovi with Lake Highlands Dental in Dallas, Texas, have provided you with these tips for a healthier smile:
– If you visit your dentist twice every year for a cleaning, your risk for tooth decay will be drastically lowered.
– Oral hygiene is important for reducing your risk of tooth decay. Because of this, you should brush and floss your teeth every single day. Try to aim for brushing twice a day.
– Tooth loss as a result of tooth decay is possible.
– Infections and pulp death can occur if tooth decay happens to the point a cavity is present and bacteria enter into the root of a tooth.
– One of the most significant risks associated with tooth decay is due to plaque buildup, which is a thin layer of debris and bacteria on your teeth that can cause dental erosion.
– Preventing tooth decay include strengthening and keeping your tooth enamel safe.
If you are looking to rid your smile from cavities, or if you know it’s time for a dental checkup, please call us today at 214-343-9280 for an appointment. Our friendly dental team takes pride in our care and happy to help your smile become cavity-free today!